GLRC welcome you to the Gnosall 10K on 15th June 2019 at 10.30am
Gnosall Ladies Running Club are organising the 2019 Gnosall 10K for the fourth consecutive year and we look forward to welcoming you to Gnosall on 15th June at 10.30am for our exciting, multi-terrain race.
Our friendly 10K race is open to runners of all abilities. All runners receive a fantastic technical t-shirt and a drawstring goody bag as their reward at the finish line. We also love randomly distributing our Prosecco spot prizes to worthy runners in an addition to the formal trophies for the first 3 men and ladies. This year, to commemorate the tragic death of a young member of our community and former Gnosall 10K runner, Sam Myatt, we will also be awarding the ‘Sam Myatt Trophy’ to the fastest youngster (aged 15 to 20) on the day.
Starting at the Gnosall Family Sports Club, the 2019 Gnosall 10K follows the same route as 2018 incorporating the Shropshire Union Canal, local farmland, woodland area of Broadhill, the disused railway line and the ‘boardwalk’ through The Acres. The course is an undulating, multi-terrain 11.2K route through our beautiful surrounding countryside, arguably the most scenic race in Staffordshire. Check out the route.
The Gnosall 10K has a UKA licence and is professionally chip-timed by JC Race Solutions.
All profits from the Gnosall 10K go to the Gnosall Carnival Fund which contributes towards the village of Gnosall and upkeep of St Lawrence Church.
Whilst waiting for the runners to return, spectators can enjoy refreshments at the Gnosall Family Sports Club and children can have fun in the play area. This year we also have a number of local businesses provided additional refreshments in the form of hot sandwiches, cakes, cookies and tea and coffee. We also have Decathlon and other sports providers and local businesses displaying their wares in the start/finish line arena.
Runners can also enjoy a 10 minute pre or post-race sports massage from Apollo Sports Injury for the bargain price of £5 and Apollo are generously donating all proceeds to the Carnival Fund.
After the 10K, the Gnosall Carnival parades through the village in the afternoon (around 1-1.30pm) and the fun and games continue in the school field all afternoon, making this a great day out for all the family!
- Race starts at 10.30am prompt so please arrive at the Gnosall Family Sports Club (ST20 0JF) before 10am to prepare, register and collect your chip and race number
- Registration opens at 9am
- Runners briefing takes place at 10.20am
- There is limited car parking at the club and neighbouring rugby field (weather permitting)
- Toilet facilities will be available at the start/finish
- On the day entries will be subject to the event limit of 300 runner places (the race is likely to sell out)
- An information board will display the Course Map and Event’s UKA Licence at the start/finish
- All finishers will receive a technical t-shirt and reusable drawstring goody bag
- Prizes will be awarded to the first three male and female finishers and also spot prizes will be awarded
- The course will be fully marshalled with 30 marshal points
- The Gnosall 10K incorporates the Shropshire Union Canal. The Canal and River Trust request that runners respect the ‘share the space’ campaign and the towpath code which requires everyone to enjoy the towpath (please be mindful of pedestrians who have priority on towpaths).
- Medical First Aid will be available and provided by Salop Medical Services throughout the course and start/finish areas in accordance with UKA requirements
- There are two drinks stations on the route at mile 2 and mile 4. Depending on weather conditions on the day you may wish to consider bringing additional drinks
- The race will both start and finish at the Gnosall Family Sports Club where there will be refreshments for runners and spectators
- We are trying to make the Gnosall 10K an eco-friendly race and therefore have introduced a ‘virtual’ goody bag and biodegradable cups at water stations. Please recycle your water bottles in the bins provided at the finish line
Thanks to our key race partners, Lily & Loaf and Fit Box, for supporting the Gnosall 10K via sponsorship and assistance in organisation and hosting the race.
Thanks to all our sponsors and businesses without whom the Gnosall 10K wouldn’t happen:
- The Travel Store
- NC Digital
- Gnosall Family Sports Club
- The Royal Oak
- Gnosall Barber Shop
- Bank Top Garage
- Hogarth Wines and Tastings
- Laura Davies Beauty
- Gnosall Co-op
- Sheila Grice Zumba
- Bryan Dale Race Photography
- JC Race Solutions
Sign up for the 2019 Gnosall 10K here: https://bit.ly/2G0sZRN
Keep up to date with Gnosall 10k news by following us on: http://www.facebook.com/gnosall10k