Gnosall Carnival BootCamp 10k 16th June 2018
The third addition of ‘Gnosall Carnival Bootcamp 10k’. follows the scorching second running. No.3 starts at the earlier time of 10:30 from Gnosall Family Sports Club and finishes back at the “The Club” Big thanks to Di and Jason for their support! For more details and to enter click here ENTER The Gnosall Carnival Bootcamp 10k.
The route is mainly off-road on varied terrain amongst the beautiful scenery of the Staffordshire countryside.
The Run – features
- Starting from Gnosall Family Sports Club (with ample parking), the route follows the newly restored Boardwalk before heading west out of the village along the former railway line.
- Follow the lovely railway line over Plardiwick Canal Bridge then turn right down the steps onto the Shropshire Union Canal towpath.
- Take a right and continue, south east, back through Plardiwick Bridge; along the towpath; through the ‘Navigation’ Bridge and ‘Boat’ Bridge; then through the amazing Cowley Canal Tunnel which will be lit in Carnival fashion.
- Leave the towpath at Cowley Bridge; up the ramp to Cowley Lane; cross over onto Fanlizard Lane and continue to the end of the track.
- From the end of the track, head north west across the field along the footpath to the kissing gate. Leave the kissing gate and head south west up the field to the Hayrick and stile.
- Back onto the farm tracks the route continues south west before turning north west towards Befcote Farm. Cross the road onto the track leading to Broad Hill.via the woodland trail
- Crossing Brick Lane through the stile up to the summit of Broad Hill via the zig zags following the route markers signs over Broad Hill to the perimeter track back onto the Railway Line
- Return back on the line through Crows Nest, Sandy Bank and Plardiwick down to the Allotment steps
- Back over the Boardwalk and back down the lane to the finish on the Sports Field.
After you’ve finished, stick around, enjoy a drink at the club before heading back up into the village to watch the Carnival.
To enter the Gnosall Carnival BootCamp 10k click on this link ENTER
Any non-runners who would like to help on the day (eg. marshalling) please contact us, we’d be delighted to have your help.
Keep up to date with GLRC and the Carnival Bootcamp 10k by liking our Facebook page and following us on Instagram and Twitter.